When indulging in a treat, what is familiar is not usually best. This nut butter pioneer has created an organic and all-natural rich-tasting peanut butter cup of true perfection using fair-trade, organic chocolate with organic peanut butter and a host of other organic raw and non-bioengineered ingredients. Each 2-cup serving is 14 grams of (organic, evaporated cane) sugar – compared to 21g of (refined) sugar in the familiar candy – with no preservatives. Packaging and ingredients are sustainably produced and locally sourced when possible, and operations for production are sustainable and eco-minded. In fact, this producer’s transparency is certainly an understatement as the route of raw materials for this product can be traced on the company’s website and rated with their own sustainability index! And, further, the dark chocolate variety contains no animal-derived ingredients. Both variations are gluten-free. The drawback? There are no bite-sized cups available yet. Before opening, you will need to promise to practice some serious self-moderation for this decadent treat.
- Virtually all ingredients organic and locally/domestically sourced when possible
- Dark chocolate variety is free of any animal-derived ingredients
- No hydrogenated oils, refined sugars
- Rainforest Alliance Certified™ Cocoa; fair-trade Organic Palmfruit™ oil; all ingredients are non-bioengineered
- Sustainable production* and recycled components used for packaging when possible
*According to Justin's Nut Butter site: "Justin's Sustainability Index is used to show our consumers where our products stand when it comes to sustainability and where we could possibly go in the future to continue to strive for higher standards of sustainability."