Conveniently sliced soft bread with a long shelf life or dense health bread? This little dilemma may skew your decision making when buying sandwich bread if you know of no other option. If you have school children, you will undoubtedly consider ease of preparation when making countless sandwiches for their lunchboxes. This bread is all-natural and USDA Certified Organic, contains no hydrogenated oils, high fructose corn syrup, chemical ingredients or white sugar and uses natural enzymes that are derived from plant sources – not animals – with no diary or dairy-derived ingredients, honey or eggs. Other variations are available that are vegan including multi-grain (which we would recommend versus white) and sourdough. The bread also lasts for days after the “Best-by” packaging date. All these benefits and this white bread is still as soft as what the masses usually gravitate to – with the familiar comforting taste that will fool the taste buds so much you will think that you put the wrong “bagged bread” in your basket.
Wonder® Classic White Bread photo: ©2012 My Conscience, My Choice LLC
Vermont Bread Company® Organic Soft White Bread photo: ©2012 My Conscience, My Choice LLC
- No artificial ingredients, high fructose corn syrup, chemical preservatives or dough conditioners
- USDA Certified Organic ingredients which also support sustainable agriculture
- Enzymes used are derived from plants not animal to help dough form properly (no "Mono and Diglycerides")
- No dairy or dairy-derived ingredients
- Vegan breads without honey or eggs are listed here (scroll to, "Are Vermont Breads Vegan?")
- Ample shelf life and conveniently pre-sliced
- Recyclable plastic packaging
Local retailers include:
- King's Supermarkets
- King Kullen
- Whole Foods
If you do not see your local retailer above, visit Vermont Bread Company's contact page here. Their representatives will be happy to help you find a retailer near you.
Online Retailers (select):
Other purchasing options:
Vermont products may be mail ordered by calling 800-721-4057 ex 105. Note: not all Vermont products are available by mail order so please inquire.