Coola Suncare is proud to be a Company with a Conscience at www.myconsciencemychoice.
Do you like hands-free application of sunscreen but don’t want to pollute the ozone? If you are active and outdoors, you probably want the ease of reapplying “on the go”. As if finding an effective eco-friendly sunscreen containing natural ingredients isn’t difficult enough, trying to find one made by a cruelty-free company is additionally challenging. This convenient spray sunscreen satisfies both ideals. Formulated to be water-resistant for 40 minutes, it applies as a fine invisible mist that absorbs quickly yet provides continuous coverage for active people. The ozone friendly, propellant-free nozzle uses air instead of chemicals to spray the product on easily. The formula contains 97% certified organic inactive ingredients like aloe, cucumber, algae and strawberry extracts. These anti-aging antioxidant ingredients provide both moisture and nourishment. The broad spectrum SPF 351 formulation provides coverage against UVA and UVB rays – and, in addition, phyto-protectors algae and red raspberry also provide the benefit of boosting the SPF value naturally. The product contains no nano-sized particles and still applies with a non-greasy feel. What’s even “Coola” is that this brand boasts “Solar Powered™ Suncare” operations and has a “Farm to Face™” policy to routinely source local vendors and ingredients.
Note: The sport spray featured here is naturally scented with coconut and pineapple and has a very pleasing “beachy” aroma. However, this sport spray is also available in an unscented version with SPF 30. And now the unscented is also available in SPF 15 and SPF 50, which is water resistant 80 minutes – twice as long as the scented version – and perfect for facial application. Other facial cream formulations rank highest in EWG rankings.
Check out this brand’s array of like-minded partners and sponsors here.
See awards that this product has earned here.
1 When used correctly, sunscreen with SPF values in the range of 30 to 50 will offer strong sunburn protection, even for people most sensitive to sunburn. The benefits of high SPF products (above SPF 50) may be negligible or even pose risks according to report by the Environmental Working Group.
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Body Mist Sunscreen, SPF 30 photo: source Drugstore.com
Coola® Sport Sunscreen Spray, SPF 35 (Pina Colada) photo: Courtesy Coola Suncare
Note this post was originally featured on 6/12/13 and has since been updated.
- Cruelty-free; no animal-derived ingredients
- Free of parabens, PABA, phthalates and petroleum; specific plant-based
- No nano-sized particles
- ingredients enable limited use of active ingredients
- Certified organic, sustainable and locally sourced ingredients
- Recyclable aluminum packaging with minimal plastic; propellant-free nozzle
- Practicing sustainable operations (including solar powered facility (Solar Powered™ Suncare), energy efficient equipment, limited quantity batches produced, green supplies, non-toxic inks for printed materials)
- Sourcing policy for local ingredients and vendors (see Farm to Face™). Made in the U.S.
A portion of profits from sales are donated to cancer research. Gluten-free and hypo-allergenic.
Local Retailers (select):
- Exclusively retailed in fine spas, resorts, apothecaries and med spas, including:
- Luxe Face & Body (Hoboken, NJ)
- Red Door Spas (New York City)
- Available in the U.S. and Canada and these international locations. For a location near you, visit here.
Online Retailers (select):