(Update as of 2016: Unfortunately, it appears that SkinFare is no longer operating/producing product. Please check back periodically for its replacement with a different alternative, if available).
SkinFare is proud to be a Company with a Conscience at My Conscience, My Choice.
This conveniently packaged, eco-friendly, all-natural, organic balm stick is the first of its kind. Made primarily from coconut and other essential oils, it helps relieve irritation from various forms of chafing: skin-to-skin, fabric-to-skin, equipment-to-skin and footwear to skin friction…and this is just the beginning. The packaging is unique, smart and earth-friendly in an easy-to-port cardboard tube. Aside from its portable size and shape, the packaging is made from 90% recycled, unbleached paper pulp, 75% of which is post-consumer waste, along with water-based adhesives. The design is simple and elegant: just push up, no mess, no dials, and NO plastic or additional showcase packaging. It applies clear, feels lightweight, yet provides serious friction protection to rival the leading brands. Just enough balm penetrates quickly without leaving a greasy residue and keeps skin softened for hours afterwards. But don’t stop at applying this stick as an anti-chafe remedy. Users of the stick have reported countless other applications– from improving skin disorders, to taming brows and flyaways to treating diaper rash (see testimonials for many uses here as well as on individual product pages). In fact, if you are sporting in the outdoors, the stick can also be used to treat scrapes, burns, and even bug bites. But make no mistake, the product is free of any harmful chemicals and is still gentle enough to use on an infant’s diaper rash, as well as chafe-prone, sensitive regions. Seek out this very efficient product line, in five essential oil varieties, for sporting and day-to-day use alike.
Mission™ 5 Hour Anti-Chafe Stick photo: (source: Amazon)
SkinFare Topical Nourishment photo: Courtesy SkinFare
- USDA organic, all-natural ingredients
- No chemicals or toxins (no silicone, dimethicone, parabens, petroleum, mineral oil, talc or alcohols)
- Cruelty-free (contains organic beeswax); no lanolin or allantoin
- 90% recycled, unbleached paper pulp packaging (of which the majority is post-consumer material)
- No preservatives
- Made in the U.S. (Bonus: Availability to consumers made possible by Blue Ridge Food Ventures' Blue Ridge Incubation Program based in North Carolina, which allows local business products to be scaled up for production for mass use.)
Local Retailers (select, listed):
- Earth Fare
- REI (select locations, call ahead)
- Whole Foods (select locations, call ahead)
For a retailer near you, visit here.
To request that SkinFare be sold at a location near you, mention it here
Online Retailers (select):
- Amazon (Topical Nourishment is currently being restocked; check periodically for availability. Other varieties are continuously available.)