This fair-trade chocolate company was founded by a nutritionist and yoga instructor. The brand produces sustainable chocolate confections that are free of dairy and gluten. Made with organic ingredients and a oat milk and coconut oil base, each bite has an indulgent rich and creamy, melt-in-your -mouth taste. The truffle flavors include Pure Cocoa Bliss, Ginger Green Tea, Pumpkin Chai and Blueberry Almond, among others. If sending as a gift, you can even create your own boxed assortment of flavors. They are housed in an eco-friendly cardboard box without any needless extra packaging. All truffles are made with Theo® Chocolate, which is Fair for Life, assuring fair market prices to cacao farmers. They do not contain processed sugars – and only use a hint of organic raw agave nectar or organic brown rice syrup as a sweeteners. And each are only 45-65 calories a treat! Since there are many “me too” companies that exist when it comes to vegan chocolates it is great to know that an exceptional tasting, sophisticated substitute exists for special occasions that is also better for you and sustainable on so many levels. So, this Valentine’s Day or for any special occasion, remember quantity should not trump quality, and think “outside the box” of the usual mass processed sugar and dairy treats housed in excess packaging when you want to treat your loved one.
Godiva® Assorted Chocolates photo: source Choc-0-holic Chocolate Shop
Nicobella Organics Dark Chocolate Truffles: source Evox Television Shop
- Made with fair-trade (Fair for Life), renowned Theo® chocolate, the first organic chocolate made in the U.S.
- No animal-derived ingredients
- No preservatives, additives, processed sugars or sugar alcohols
- No added oils or soy lecithin
- 95% organic ingredients
- Housed in simple, recyclable FSC-certified box or recyclable bags
- Minimal packaging: emailed receipts and kraft paper or vegetable-based fillers used for transit packaging versus plastic
- All contain superfood fillings
- Gluten-free, Soy-free
- Made with at least 70% of cacao to reap the full antioxidant benefits of dark chocolate
- Less calories and sugar versus the traditional chocolate treat
- 5% of sales are donated to the brand's favorite animal organizations (Mercy for Animals, The Gentle Barn, Noah’s Ark of Locust Grove, GA and The Humane Society of the United States). They also donate any left over chocolates that have not been sold to these organizations to be used in auctions, which helps to raise money for animals in need.
- Terrain Garden Cafe (Connecticut and Pennsylvania, U.S. locations)
- Urban Outfitters (headquarters location in Pennsylvania, U.S.)
- Savi Urban Market locations (Georgia. U.S.)
- For a list of additional retailers, click here.