Though these mini snack cookies are addictive they will not get you into trouble! Packaged in a neatly portioned serving-size bag they deliver just the right amount for satisfaction. With all-natural, 70% certified organic ingredients, they are also free of nuts, tree nuts, wheat, eggs and dairy – so they are also both allergy and vegan-friendly. The founder, a mother of child with multiple-food allergies, set out to produce a line of treats with a stringent ingredient list so they were suitable for those with food allergies, allowing them to participate in social occasions that often call for sweets. The base of the cookies are made with gluten-free, whole grain, oat flour and organic tapioca starch. They are sweetened not only with evaporated cane juice but also with pear juice concentrate and glucose crystals. The cookies retain a long-shelf life due to stay-fresh packaging and not from the use of preservatives. However, they can still be frozen to extend freshness, or use them straight out of the freezer to sandwich your favorite frozen dessert. Packaged to take on-the-go, they are great for kid’s lunch boxes, as handouts at children’s parties, or for hand outs to trick or treaters. And, they are also available for purchase as bulk orders for use at schools and other large-scale venues. And not to mention – they taste fantastic!
Note: that this alternative recommendation pertains to this specific flavor, double chocolate chip cookies. For other gluten-free, vegan cookie recommendations produced with a conscience, check out other flavors and sizes by Alternative Baking Company and Dr. Lucy’s, two other fantastic brands.
Home Free® Mini Double Chocolate Chip Cookies photo: © My Conscience, My Choice LLC 2013
Keebler® Famous Amos® Bite Size Cookies (chocolate chip) photo: source Amazon
- No animal-derived products, certified vegan (note that the chocolate chips in the regular chocolate chip flavor contain cane sugar versus vegan (beet) sugar)
- Mainly organic ingredients, non-GMO project verified
- No preservatives
- No transfats
- Eco-friendly packaging made from recycled materials
- Eco-friendly operations: shipment packing material made from corn starch, boxes and brochures made using wind power
- Stay-fresh packs used in mini packaging and conventional sized packaging contain no plastic disposable trays
- Commitment to eco-friendly daily operations (Certified B Corporation)
- Allergen friendly (free of nuts, tree nuts, wheat/certified gluten-free, eggs and dairy); produced in its own dedicated facility versus contracted with “co-packers” that could cause cross-contamination
- Certified Kosher Pareve