- No animal derived ingredients (dairy-free)
- Organic, non-GMO ingredients
- Palm-oil free
- No artificial colors
- No artificial flavors
- Minimal, biodegradable packaging and no plastic used
- Tri-state residents: This is a local brand from Hoboken, NJ
How To Get It
- Riverdel Cheese (Brooklyn)
- Green Grape Provisions (Brooklyn)
- Perelandra Natural Food Center (Brooklyn)
- Inwood Gourmet (NYC)
- GroovCafe (Montclair, NJ)
- Grassroots Natural Food Market (Morristown, NJ)
- For a full list of local retailers, click here. (Note: scroll down for BKLYN BUTTAH only locations)
- National online distribution is imminent. Please check back in the coming days/weeks.
ABOUT THIS ALTERNATIVE PRODUCT RECOMMENDATION
Imagine a non-dairy butter alternative that melts, spreads and whips like butter so it can be used for cooking, baking and as a standalone spread. You may recall some buttery spreads exist, but imagine one without palm oil or soy and without any margarine-like aftertaste. It’s now here, and created by a local brand.
This first-of-its-kind vegan butter alternative is organic coconut milk and coconut-oil based and does not have any other questionable ingredients added. The product was born for retail sale after branching off as the staple ingredient that is already in all of this brand’s gluten-free and vegan baked goods. Each package is sold in a set of 8 ounce sticks (wrapped in half pound increments) which can be used either for baking or as a standalone spread or for melting or whipping. BKLYN BUTTAH is soy-free, nut-free, palm-oil free, preservative and stabilizer free. Instead of tasting like a margarine, it tastes just like the comfort-food favorite.
With just enough salt, seasonings and a perfectly reminiscent texture, it is unequivocally a believable substitute. Not to mention it’s great for melting on summer corn-on-the-cob, the old fashioned way – rolling it. Better yet, throw a cob in with two pats in a sealed storage bag, add seasonings, shake and voila…
Share Your Thoughts:
The alternative product recommendations featured on the My Conscience, My Choice website are selected independently from the company brands and products that may be promoted elsewhere on the site and are not based on financial compensation